Directions for Prayer
- Thank God for specific blessings and divine activity in Grace’s past.
- Allow God to bring to your mind the specific unique character of Grace and give Him credit for His creation of our church.
- Think through the ways God has used Grace to grow your faith and offer Him thanks.
- Ask God for forgiveness for anything in Grace’s past that may be hindering us and ask for His help.
- Thank God for specific people, leaders and friends and Godly servants, who have been important to your spiritual growth and the identity of our church.
- What are the characteristics of Grace that identify us as a body?
- Which of those characteristics are an indispensable part of who God has created us to be?
- Grace will change because change is inevitable. God wants us to change for the better. But what things about Grace do you hope will never change?
- How has Grace been different than other churches you have attended? What explains the difference?
Directions for Action
- What can we do to ensure our unique identity as a body?
- Pray that God would help us pursue our unique role in His kingdom.
- Ask God to show you the things in our past, or in your past, that need to change for us/you to love Him better.
- Ask God to show you how you can meet Him in His plans for Grace.