Glad you're here with us.
Here are some things to think about based on today's message:
1. We talked about three disctinct groups of people that Mark refers to often in his gospel. Have you ever attended a church that seems to mirror any of the three group types?
- Religious Authorities: This group seems to have it all together - they have a spiritual confidence that points to their strong opinion that they are God's real favorites. They professionals when it comes to religion -- doing things that make it look like they are God's VIPs.
- Crowd: This group wants Jesus to perform for them. They want Jesus in their lives and in their towns as long as he meets their expectations and doesn't rock the boat. They want Jesus to solve all their problems and take care of the political mess their country is in.
- Disciples: This group follows Jesus, but they are sometimes confused, sometimes fail, and sometimes lack the faith needed. But in spite of their weaknesses, they take one step after the other and make progress in their walk with God.
2. Easy question: What kind of church do you think GCF should be?
3. Harder question: What can you do to make that happen?
Feel free to leave a comment or a question. And if you want to get a notice when the blog is updated, sign up with ATOM below.
Have a good week.